Designing Your Own Course (16:186:856) was created to help students design and develop materials for a course which they might someday teach.
Topics to be covered include:
- establishing learning goals
- class discussions
- active learning
- assignment design
- setting course policies
- is 0-credits
- graded satisfactory/unsatisfactory
- will appear on your transcript
- will not incur additional fees
Class meets the first twelve weeks of the semester on Wednesdays from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on the College Avenue Campus.
- open to doctoral students only
- at least two semesters of college teaching experience at Rutgers
- have taken Introduction to College Teaching (16:186:855)
To request a special permission number, contact the TA Project with your name and RUID.